Welcome to Wimberleyarts.org
The Wimberley Valley Arts and Cultural Alliance (Wimberleyarts.org) promotes a vibrant cultural arts community – embracing visual, performing, literary and culinary arts – through appreciation, collaboration and education.
Activities, Programs, & Events
Wimberleyarts.org hosts a variety of events and activities throughout the year.
Wimberleyarts.org brings together individual artists of all kinds, arts and culture organizations as well as people and businesses who support Wimberley as a vibrant arts community.
What You Should Know about Wimberleyarts.org
Recognizing that art and culture enrich our community, Wimberleyarts.org brings awareness and supports the Wimberley Valley as a place that honors and nurtures creativity of all kinds.
Select Achievements and Activities:
- Annually renew Wimberley’s designation as one of 48 Texas Cultural Districts by the Texas Commission on the Arts.
- Achieved Wimberley’s Texas Film Friendly Designation from Texas Film Commission.
- Achieved Texas Music Friendly designation.
- Promote member news and events on the WVACA website and Facebook page.
- Host community-wide arts events such as the annual Wings Over Wimberley festival.
- Launched the Hill Country’s first Story telling Fest in 2019.
- New in 2021, host Wimberley Arts Expo(sed) member arts event.
- Launch new initiatives such as Wimberley Area Writers.
- Launched and manage public art project, “Bootiful Wimberley,” consisting of fifty 6’ tall fiberglass cowboy boots, embellished by local artists and sponsored by various organizations, businesses and individuals. See the Initiatives tab for a map.
- Hosted Wimberley Alive, Music and Arts Festival in 2015 and 2016. The 2016 festival’s “Empty Bowl” fundraiser for Wimberley’s Crisis Bread Basket sold over 900 soup bowls largely decorated by local student and adult artisans.
- Participate in the annual Wimberley ISD’s STEAM Fair to raise awareness of the various arts groups and to encourage students of all ages to participate in the arts.
- Participate in the Annual Independence Day Parade with a decorated float.
- Promote the “Second Saturday Gallery Trail.”